- A change of ownership form must be signed by the purchaser and seller. In the event that the seller is not available to sign, the sale of the vehicle must be verified by a letter of declaration from an attorney.
- If a vehicle has joint ownership, both owners (selling) must sign the respective form.
- The following are required for this transaction:
- A valid insurance in the purchaser’s name
- Completed prescribed form and a fee of $100.00
- Copy of seller’s ID
Change of ownership from a deceased can only be effected if a Last Will & Testament or Letter of Administration is presented by the authorized persons.